Our House Suffered a Water Damage Damaged Our House. We Hired a Restoration Company

It's important to understand what mold is and why it grows. All molds are fungi, and share biology with mushrooms and athlete's foot, for example. The mold that is toxic to you and your family is relatively rare in the fungus world, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't dangerous. However, some toxic molds are dangerous, so any mold in your home or business must be mitigated and completely removed.

The rule of thumb is to find a mold remediation contractor Knoxville TN company to clean up the mold if it is more than 9 square feet.. This is because if you see mold growth, there is probably hidden mold trapped in drywall and crevices and elsewhere.

Before you schedule an appointment with any company, check that they are certified properly and that they are approved by organizations such as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration. You may also make sure the company knows and follows federal mold cleanup recommendations whether your mold is in a business or a residence.

Mold left to grow sends off spores, which fly like dandelion seeds and can cause damage to spread rapidly. If you don't, harmful mold will continue to feast on your structure and will destroy your things. Some molds, those that release toxic spores, can also cause major health problems ranging from brain damage. Mold can be especially harmful to infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system such as people with AIDS/HIV or lupus.